- Places for every convention will be issued on a ﬁrst come ﬁrst served basis with approximately 28 performance slots available per each event.
- You can enter a maximum of TWO groups – one Junior (aged 8-13) & one Senior (aged 14+). If you have a group with mixed ages you should enter them into the Senior category. We cannot accept anyone over the age of 13 in the Junior category.
- The Minimum group size is 8 PEOPLE, with a maximum of 40. The size of the ﬂoor is approx 15m x 15m.
- Routines should be 2mins 30 long with an absolute maximum of 3 minutes (Any music over 3 minutes will be returned and asked to be cut). All music must be emailed over to us at least 10-14 days prior to the event.
- We welcome costumes however all costumes & choreography must be age appropriate. If the stage is littered after your performance with feathers, confetti, etc, you should be prepared to remove it after your routine. No form of liquid, gel, aerosol, or glitter may be used that could affect the dancing surface. NO helium balloons can be used.
- Can You Dance? staff are not responsible for any props or costumes.
- You will receive live feedback from professional judges on the day.
- Can You Dance? is not a DANCE FESTIVAL but a professional platform for you to showcase with your dance school/group. Adjudication Categories include choreography, technique, presentation and most of all performance.
- Each school must have a DBS checked, named representative who is responsible for the conduct of the children throughout the convention. You must bring your own chaperones & helpers, please ensure they carry their chaperone & DBS certificates with them.
- The performance schedule will be sent out approximately 7 days prior to the event.
- Dancers take part at their own risk. Can You Dance? will not be held responsible for any injury that may be sustained during any of our conventions. Schools must ensure that all tricks and movements performed by their dancers are appropriate to each dancer’s ability.
- Can You Dance? reserve the right to use any photographs or footage for advertising and marketing purposes.
- Can You Dance? reserve the right to refuse entries. Bad sportsmanship will result in your group being disqualiﬁed at our discretion.
Please contact us with any further questions you may have.
Please see our child protection policy here
The Can You Dance Team