It’s exciting times as we start gearing up to our 2021 events and we can’t wait to welcome our dancers & teachers back in a safe environment whilst still providing the CYD? experience!
Health and safety has always been at the forefront of CYD? therefore we will be implementing all the relevant measures at our events to ensure not only all the required legislation is met, but that we are creating a safe environment for all our event attendees.
With this in mind we will be doing the following for our events:
- Telling all visitors, including exhibitors not to enter the venue if they are displaying any symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) (following the COVID-19: guidance for households with possible coronavirus (COVID-19) infection)
- Keep an up-to date-risk assessment in light of recent government advice.
- Politely request that all attendees take a lateral flow test within 24 hours prior to attending the event, although this is optional this is to help keep everybody safe. We won’t require to see evidence of your test result.
- Make clear to all attendees that they cannot gather at entrance gates or doors to both the building & the dance studios.
- Request that all adults and children frequently wash their hands with soap and water for 20 seconds and dry thoroughly, clean their hands on arrival at the setting, before and after eating, and after sneezing or coughing.
- Ensure that sufficient handwashing facilities are available. Where a sink is not nearby, provide hand sanitiser in dance studios and around the exhibition.
- Ensure that bins for tissues are emptied throughout the day.
- Where possible, all spaces will be well ventilated using natural ventilation (opening windows).
- Prop doors open – only if they are not fire doors – and where it is safe to do so (bearing in mind fire safety and safeguarding), to limit use of door handles and aid ventilation.
- Ensure that toilets do not become crowded
- Communicate early with venues and suppliers to support our plans for additional cleaning requirements (cleaning of all surfaces, handrails, etc)
- Give CYD? Staff Lateral flow tests and encourage exhibitors and other attendees to do the same.
- Provide first aid, including designated medical providers who are able to triage and refer suspected cases for COVID-19 testing and set up an isolation room/space identified to hold any symptomatic person found at the venue.
- Display signs to inform spectators and support staff about ways in which they can prevent themselves from getting infected with COVID-19 and passing the virus to others.
- Although not compulsory, suggest customers wear a face covering whilst moving around the venue & in built up areas’
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact a member of the CYD? team.
Many thanks, CYD?