Statement as Friday 13th March – The safety of our staff, dancers, teachers & parents is of the utmost importance to us & so in light of recent government advice regarding COVID-19, we have been advised to postpone CYD? Glasgow on March 29th*. The new date will now be Sunday June 21st so please don’t worry as you will still get the opportunity to take part in a CYD? Regional! (subject to government guidelines). Alternatively you have the option to transfer to another convention should you not be able to make this new date.
We are going ahead with all the other events. If we are advised not to, your event will just be postponed to a later date or you will have the option to transfer to another convention.
We feel it is important to take the relevant precautions to keep everyone safe & we look forward to seeing you soon.
*Anyone who has purchased already purchased a ticket for Glasgow will receive an email from our ticketing partner, Ticket Factory, tonight (13th March).
Advice for People coming to CYD? events
Following the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), we are continuing to monitor the official health updates and following the World Health Organisation and UK Government’s guidelines and at this moment in time, we will be going ahead with all CYD? events excluding CYD? Glasgow which has been postponed until June 21st.
We will be working with all venues on specific actions on an event to event basis, hand sanitiser sprays will be available throughout & we will have a briefed onsite first aid team, should anyone show any symptoms related to the Coronavirus at our events. Could we ask that all visitors regularly wash their hands for 20 seconds or longer & maintain good personal hygiene.
We respectfully request that you do not attend any of our events if you feel unwell, have been in contact with someone who is unwell or if you have returned from an infected area since 19th February.
If you do begin to feel unwell at our events, please speak to a member of staff who will direct you to a first aid room.
Advice for returning travellers
Stay indoors and avoid contact with other people if you’ve travelled to the UK from:
- Hubei province in China in the last 14 days, even if you do not have symptoms
- Iran, lockdown areas in northern Italy or special care zones in South Korea since 19 February, even if you do not have symptoms
- other parts of mainland China or South Korea, Hong Kong, Japan, Macau, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan or Thailand in the last 14 days and have a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath (even if your symptoms are mild)
- other parts of northern Italy (anywhere north of Pisa, Florence and Rimini), Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar or Vietnam since 19 February and have a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath (even if your symptoms are mild)
Use the 111 online coronavirus service to find out what to do next.
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
In Scotland call your GP or NHS 24 on 111 out of hours.
In Wales call 111 (if available in your area) or 0845 46 47.
In Northern Ireland call 111.
Lockdown areas in northern Italy:
- in Lombardy: Codogno, Castiglione d’Adda, Casalpusterlengo, Fombio, Maleo, Somaglia, Bertonico, Terranova dei Passerini, Castelgerundo and San Fiorano
- in Veneto: Vo’ Euganeo
Special care zones in South Korea:
For the most up to date information on the coronavirus, please visit:
- World Health Organisation advice to the public here.
- UK Government guidelines here.
- NHS guidelines here.
- Public Health England advice here.
Many thanks, CYD?