Published: May 09th 2018
GREATER LONDON/ESSEX Event Information – Sunday May 20th
Tickets will be posted out 7-10 days before the event.
We are looking forward to welcoming you to CYD? Greater London at Jean Brown Arena Redbridge Sports & Leisure. Please read through the following information.
Doors open at 8:15am. There will be an introduction to the day at 8:45am in the Main Arena. The Masterclasses will be running all day with the first beginning at 9:00am sharp. Each Gold & Silver Entry ticket allows you to do 3 classes in Jazz/MT, Contemporary/Lyrical & Commercial. All dancers have been placed in a group, please see below for the timetable of your classes.
Teachers, please collect your wristbands on arrival from Hannah, & Martin where they will also issue you with your teachers lanyards.
There is an extra tap class with Tap Attack at 12:30pm available in the main arena (not to be missed!) Tickets can be purchased on the day from the CYD? merchandise stall on arrival (£5 each). Please note, this will be on a first come, first served basis.
There will be a teachers lunch hosted by Revolution taking place at 12:30pm, all teachers, student teachers and studio owners are welcome! Please go to the Revolution stand on arrival for more details.
The Showcase will begin at 4.15pm (please see running order below).
There are lots of exciting opportunities in this year’s Exhibition. There will also be the opportunity for dancers to buy the latest dancewear! (See below for more information)
There will be food available on site, but it’s worth bringing snacks & refreshments.
Jean Brown Arena, Redbridge Sports & Leisure, Forest Rd, Barkingside, IG6 3HD (See HERE for directions)
There is parking on site.
- Ricky Jinks – Contemporary dancer & choreographer
- Haley Monaghan – Commercial dancer & choreographer
- Justin-Lee Jones – Musical Theatre Dancer & Choreographer
- Matt Flint – Choreographer for TV, Film & Theatre
- Adrian Gas – Commercial dancer & choreographer
What to wear
Please wear suitable clothing for the Masterclasses, in which you can move appropriately. Trainers are good for commercial & jazz, but Contemporary will require jazz shoes.
Wristbands must be kept all day as they will act as your ticket into each Masterclass.
Bronze Ticket holders are allowed to watch the Masterclasses from inside the studios as well the Showcase & Exhibition. Bronze Tickets can be purchased before the event from www.canyoudancelive.com
Rhythm Stage –Don’t forget to bring along your Tap shoes – a place to share rhythms & beats.
CYD? Merchandise – At this year’s convention we will be selling CYD? T-shirts & hoodies.
Technique Zone – Come & learn all the current technique tips & conditioning ideas to help you maintain the perfect dancer’s body! Complete with mirrors & barres.
If any of your dancers are interested in being considered for a scholarship to the colleges offering them, they need to make themselves known to the college at the beginning of the day. At CYD? Essex the following are in attendance –
- Arts Educational School
- Chantry School of Contemporary & Balletic Arts
- D&B Performing Arts
- Evolution Foundation College
- Harlow College
- Italia Conti Arts Centre
- Leicester College of Performing Arts (LCPA)
- Masters Performing Arts College
- MEPA College
- Morea Performing Arts
- Performers College
- Reynolds Performing Arts
- Starquest Performers College
- The Centre Pac
- Tiffany Theatre College
Angel Dancewear, Bloch, CYD?, Danceaid, Dancers Box, Dream Beams and Bars, Eden Dancewear, Inferno Dance Equipment, Just Jess Dancewear, Revolution Dancewear, She Shines On, Simply Stella, Squad Dancewear, Tap Attack, WOW Glitter
We hope you enjoy your day with us.
Matt, Tom & The CYD? Team
A message from our Sponsors!
Revolution Costumes are excited to be part of CYD? again this season supporting the dance community across the UK and this year we are delighted to announce that we are headline sponsor !
We are proud to support performing arts teachers, organisations and schools by providing amazing unique designs and substantial savings on our amazing range of costumes shoes and dancewear.
Our team of dancers work tirelessly behind the scenes to look after your every need : real people who understand your needs and will always go the extra mile to make every performance stress free and successful for you and your dancers
• Over 80 000 costumes for all genres all sizes in stock all year round to meet your needs
• Live stock availability and delivery dates on our website www.revolutiondancewear.com
• Dream Themes to help you find the right costumes for your theme
• Wholesale pricing to meet every budget
• Sizing kits to get the right size every time
• Rapid delivery
Our promise? To be a costume partner you can rely on from the planning stage to the final curtain, every season !
We look forward to meeting you in person at some CYD? events for a prosecco lunch!
Telephone: 0800 023 1811
Dancing and Co. Ltd.,
Call Centre Hours:
9am – 5pm GMT Monday – Friday
9am – 1pm GMT Saturday
Is it time for your studio to SHINE on tour?
A She Shines On Dance Tour is a life-changing opportunity to increase dancers’ self-confidence, explore their potential and be inspired by the industry’s top talent!
- Take incredible dance classes at the world’s top dance studios like Millennium, Edge & IDA, Broadway Dance Centre, Steps on Broadway and many more.
- Learn different dance styles from world-class choreographers who have performed with Beyoncé, Chris Brown, Rihanna and Lady Gaga!
- Get industry insider insights from professional dancers and agents on ‘HOW to make it in the dance and entertainment industries’
- Perform in front of international audiences on stage at Disney Parks and other famous tourist destinations.
- Enjoy all the destination cities have to offer, from theme parks to Broadway shows, shopping and much more!
Take your studio to the next level by partnering with She Shines On to offer your dancers the dance experience of a lifetime!
Find out more at www.SheShinesOn.com
Bella Aukett, Teams Manager
+44 (0) 20 3286 9657