Published: Jun 13th 2018
NOTTINGHAM Event Information – June 24th, David Ross Sports Village, University of Nottingham, NG7 2RD
Tickets will be posted out 7 – 10 days before the event.
We are looking forward to welcoming you to CYD? Nottingham at the David Ross Sports Village, Nottingham. Please read through all of the following information:
Doors open at 8:15am. There will be an introduction to the day at 8:45am in the Main Arena. The Masterclasses will be running all day with the first beginning at 9:00am sharp. Each Gold & Silver Entry ticket allows you to do 3 classes in Jazz/MT, Contemporary/Lyrical & Commercial. All dancers have been placed in a group, please see below for the timetable of your classes.
Teachers, please collect your wristbands on arrival from Hannah, & Martin where they will also issue you with your teachers packs.
There are 2 Ballet Classes being held by Shannon Parker at 10:40am & 12:20pm in dance area 3. There is also an extra tap class available with Jo Scanlan at 12:20pm in the main arena. Tickets for all of these classes can be purchased on the day from the CYD? merchandise stall on arrival (£5 each). Please note, this will be on a first come, first served basis.
The Showcase will begin at 4:00 pm (please see running order below). The day will finish at approx 6:15 pm.
There are lots of exciting opportunities in this year’s Exhibition where you can network & get invaluable advice. There will also be the opportunity for young dancers to pick up some great deals so bring along some pocket money! (See below for more information)
There will be a catering van on site selling hot & cold food & drinks. We anticipate it to get busy during lunch, so a packed lunch may be a good idea.
The Venue (Don’t forget it’s a new venue this year!!!)
There is parking available on site.
- Lucy Jane Adcock – Musical Theatre Dancer & Choreographer
- Dane Bates – Commercial & Contemporary Dancer & Choreographer
- Josh Baker – Contemporary& Contemporary Dancer & Choreographer
- Matt Flint – Choreographer for TV, Film & Theatre
- Tom Shilcock – Commercial Dancer, Choreographer & creative
- Shannon Parker – Ballet dancer & Choreographer
- Jo Scanlan – Tap dancer & Tutor
What to wear
Please wear suitable clothing for the Masterclasses, in which you can move appropriately. Trainers are good for commercial & jazz, but Contemporary will require jazz shoes. Don’t forget tap shoes for the rhythm stage & extra class!
Wristbands must be kept all day as they will act as your ticket into each Masterclass.
Bronze Ticket holders are allowed to watch the Masterclasses from inside the studios as well the Showcase & Exhibition.
Rhythm Stage – Bring along your Tap shoes – a place to share rhythms & beats.
CYD? Merchandise – At this year’s convention we will be selling CYD? T-shirts & hoodies.
Technique Zone – Come & learn all the current technique tips & conditioning ideas to help you maintain the perfect dancer’s body! Complete with mirrors & barres.
If any dancers are interested in being considered for a scholarship to the colleges offering them, they need to make themselves known to the college at the beginning of the day. At CYD? Nottingham the following are in attendance –
- Burton & South Derbyshire College
- Chantry School of Contemporary & Balletic Arts
- Expressions Performing Arts
- Italia Conti Arts Centre
- Leicester College of Performing Arts
- MEPA College
- Morea Performing Arts
- Old School Danceworks
- Performers College
- SLP College
- Starquest Performers College
Angel dancewear, Bloch, Bossy clothing, CYD?, Danceaid, Dancebox, Dancexclusive, Eden Dancewear, Gisela, Inferno dance equipment, Personaleyez, Revolution costumes, She Shines On, Smile Productions, Squad dancewear, Tap Attack, WOW Glitter, Xcitedancedesigns
We hope you enjoy your day with us.
Matt, Tom & The CYD? Team
A message from our Sponsors!
Revolution Costumes are excited to be part of CYD? again this season supporting the dance community across the UK and this year we are delighted to announce that we are headline sponsor !
We are proud to support performing arts teachers, organisations and schools by providing amazing unique designs and substantial savings on our amazing range of costumes shoes and dancewear.
Our team of dancers work tirelessly behind the scenes to look after your every need : real people who understand your needs and will always go the extra mile to make every performance stress free and successful for you and your dancers
• Over 80 000 costumes for all genres all sizes in stock all year round to meet your needs
• Live stock availability and delivery dates on our website www.revolutiondancewear.com
• Dream Themes to help you find the right costumes for your theme
• Wholesale pricing to meet every budget
• Sizing kits to get the right size every time
• Rapid delivery
Our promise? To be a costume partner you can rely on from the planning stage to the final curtain, every season !
We look forward to meeting you in person at some CYD? events for a prosecco lunch!
Telephone: 0800 023 1811
Dancing and Co. Ltd.,
Call Centre Hours:
9am – 5pm GMT Monday – Friday
9am – 1pm GMT Saturday
Is it time for your studio to SHINE on tour?
A She Shines On Dance Tour is a life-changing opportunity to increase dancers’ self-confidence, explore their potential and be inspired by the industry’s top talent!
- Take incredible dance classes at the world’s top dance studios like Millennium, Edge & IDA, Broadway Dance Centre, Steps on Broadway and many more.
- Learn different dance styles from world-class choreographers who have performed with Beyoncé, Chris Brown, Rihanna and Lady Gaga!
- Get industry insider insights from professional dancers and agents on ‘HOW to make it in the dance and entertainment industries’
- Perform in front of international audiences on stage at Disney Parks and other famous tourist destinations.
- Enjoy all the destination cities have to offer, from theme parks to Broadway shows, shopping and much more!
Take your studio to the next level by partnering with She Shines On to offer your dancers the dance experience of a lifetime!
Find out more at www.SheShinesOn.com
Bella Aukett, Teams Manager
+44 (0) 20 3286 9657