HEALTH & SAFETY
The CYD? virtual convention is designed to provide a fun and inspiring experience in as safe a way as possible. Dancers taking part are responsible for exercising within their own limits and need to assume all risk of injury to themselves or their property. You should only do the activities that you consider safe for your own body and the space that you are working in.
It’s vitally important that you stay safe and healthy so please make sure that:
- You have enough space around you to take part in the online masterclasses, please make sure the area is cleared of any obstacles that may cause risk of injury to yourselves, to others, or risk of any damage to surrounding property. Where possible, move furniture out of the way to ensure you have enough space to dance.
- The floor surface you are choosing to dance on is safe and suitable and that you wear the correct footwear.
- You stay hydrated and have plenty of water available.
- You modify/adapt the routine to your level and stop when you need to – if at any time you feel you are dancing beyond your current fitness abilities or you feel discomfort, pain, dizziness or nausea, you should discontinue dancing immediately.
- Please be mindful of the level of masterclasses that you join and make sure they are suitable for your level & ability.
- If you are choosing to dance outside, please ensure the floor & space is suitable and you wear the correct footwear. Please also ensure that you wear suitable sun cream to protect you and make sure you keep hydrated.
Dancers take part at their own risk & Can You Dance? will not be held responsible for any injury that may be sustained during any of our virtual conventions.